2 killed, 13 wounded at party on Chicago’s South Side
CHICAGO: Gunfire erupted at a party on Chicago‘s South Side early Sunday, killing two people and wounding 13 others, authorities said.
Officers responded at around 4:40am, police spokesman Jose Jara said in a statement. Those shot were between the ages of 20 to 44. Jara earlier said 12 people had been shot, but police later raised the figure to 15.
Seven of the wounded were taken to hospitals in serious to critical condition, fire department spokesman Larry Merritt told the Chicago Sun-Times.
Speaking to reporters near the scene of the shooting in Chicago’s Park Manor neighborhood, Police Superintendent David Brown said investigators were still seeking a possible motive.
Brown said four guns were recovered at the scene, but he didn’t say whether investigators believe more than one person fired shots. No arrests had been made.
“We have a lot of work to do,” Brown said. “Detectives are really just getting started.”
A bar had been step up in a garage attached to the business for what Brown described as a “pop-up party.”
Red and black balloons, as well as a shoe, were on the ground outside the business shortly after the shooting, the Chicago Tribune reported.
“We don’t know what the celebration associated with this party was at this point, we’re still trying to follow-up on leads on what that motive might be,” Brown said.

동현 배(Dong-hyun Bae)는 UlsanFocus.com의 필진으로, 지역 및 국내 주요 뉴스는 물론 정치, 경제, 기술, 스포츠, 문화·연예, 라이프스타일 등 다양한 분야를 다루고 있습니다. 독자들이 이해하기 쉬운 명확한 보도와 신뢰할 수 있는 정보 전달을 중요하게 생각하며, 시의성 있는 이슈와 일상에 도움이 되는 소식을 균형 있게 전합니다. 독자와 지역사회를 연결하는 의미 있는 이야기를 꾸준히 전달하는 데 집중하고 있습니다.
